Friday, April 22, 2011

Blog 13


  • Is it a sign of personal weakness or strength for a woman to admit that she has a problem with alcohol or drugs?   I believe that admitting that a woman having a problem with either drugs or alcohol takes a lot of courage. Most woman do not really admit they are wrong because as women it is very hard to say that "I" am wrong about anything. If a women admits they are wrong it just tells who ever they are with that they want to change and they want to make something of themselves and make a changing point in their lives. The person has to be committed to making their lives better too because if they are addicted to worst thing that I would be able to see is a person going through withdrawals. When I did rotations at the hospitals I saw a man and a women in one of the patients rooms. They were both intoxicated and were trying to find their clothes to leave. And they were very determined to leave and it got to the point where they were rude and just wanting to get more alcohol to feel better. It was very sad to watch because they were addicted. I think it is fine for woman to admit they are wrong as long as they want to change their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Kristian,
    This is touch, I see this all the time with my patients. I have so times where patient are so intoxicated that they posioning or sucidial thoughts. I don't agree that women do not stop up to the plate. Because I have saw them step faster them men. I think the best solutions medical professional is that we need to be aware and assist of having consulting to other the we come across. When I find patients like that I usually as for a pastor to come in to assist.

    ReplyDelete