How can we encourage adolescents to follow healthy behaviors? Any ideas for parents, healthcare providers, health educators, media, society, etc?
It is very beneficial to start healthy behaviors at a younger age and it becomes a routine for adolescents. A lot of encouragement is needed though with motivation and parents keeping track on their diet, exercise, and keeping an eye on signs for staying healthy. There should be more functions to educate teenagers about fitness and peer pressure. One of my best friends told me in high school she would never do drugs at any cost. One week before spring break we got into a fight and she started doing drugs. I was against drugs completely and I convinced myself I disliked her a lot so we weren’t friends anymore after that. I later found out several years later she got into alcohol and she had tried more different kinds of drugs. So I suggest the media and school should have a big impact and more mandatory or lectures on why teenagers should not be doing drugs and more topics on education to get somewhere in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment